Commercial Gas/Compliance Manager required to take up mobile role, working out of Oxfordshire managing the Gas Safety cases across MoD sites in the South East of England.
* To advise the Head of Compliance on those systems and installations to which the MOD Gas Safety Case apply on the MoD contract.
* To implement, administer, monitor and audit the application of the Safe System of Work as defined by the Gas Safety Case for the nominated disciplines.
* To appoint Responsible Persons in accordance with the Gas Safety Case and assess the competence of Responsible Persons for initial and continuing appointment.
* To audit and review each Responsible Persons operational experience at six-monthly intervals before re-appointment, and at other times as necessary, issue audits summary reports and action plans and, where necessary, suspend the appointment of Responsible Persons.
* To define the exact extent of the systems and installations for which Responsible Persons are responsible, including any amendments, and initiate training to ensure sufficient Responsible Persons cover for the systems and installations.
* To support the Responsible Persons and Operations teams in meeting the requirements of the Gas Safety Case.
* Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes, implement regional procedures to ensure either remedy or request for contract action to DIO of any defects on equipment or systems and attained and contribute to risk meetings as required.
* To investigate dangerous occurrences and accidents which occur while a permit to work is in force; report findings to the Head of Compliance, RP SESHEF Manager and the DIO Senior Authorising Authority as required.
* Produce or enable Responsible Persons to provide high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work.
* To carry out and/or support Responsible Persons / Operations teams to ensure the requirements of JSP (relating to Gas installations and equipment) in relation to the introduction of new works and agree any departures from JSP375 with DIO.
* Demonstrable experience of working to the Gas Safety Case safe system of work including:
Management of operational delivery of a complex programme of works
Ability to identify and manage risk within processes
Ensuring excellent relations with customer and meeting customer expectations
Excellent organisational skills
Training & Qualifications Required:
* Associate Member of a relevant professional body (e.g. British Institute of Facilities Management)
* Mechanical Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
* Current H&S and Environmental qualification at a management level (e.g. SMSTS)
* Continuing Professional Development * Chartered professional of a relevant professional body (e.g. British Institute of Facilities Management)
* NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent level qualification)
* Familiarisation with:
Developed IT skills
Apply today to discuss further.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.