MEP Commercial Manager sought, Blyth. Interested in working on one of the most prestigious sites going? Contribute to the transition to a zero carbon future? We require a Commercial Manager to lead and manage a commercial team on the delivery of a manufacturing facility on the Northumberland Coast. The project scope is for a major manufacturing facility to produce world-class, sustainable lithium-ion batteries, primarily for the automotive industry. The project is the first of its kind in the UK.
Day to day,
- Ensure the accuracy and rationality of all project level risk and opportunity schedules
- Manage the implementation of identified mitigation and enhancement, and report back to the business
- Provide leadership to the commercial team, maximising potential of both the teams and the individuals within them
- Carry out negotiations with customers on contract terms, valuation of works, and final account settlement.
- Attend contract reviews and assist with ensuring the accuracy and integrity of costs and values forecast by project teams.
- Assist the Commercial Director with preparation and updating of business plans and local management accounts.
- Monitor and manage the commercial performance of the projects and project commercial staff
- Work with project commercial teams to prepare the commercial plan, ensuring all identified contract obligations, conditions precedent and risks are communicated and understood by the project team.
- Identify measures to protect the company and improve contract profitability
- Ensure all records are generated and maintained, using records to avoid or manage disputes.
- Be responsible for the submission of applications for payment, reporting to the finance function on when and how much is to be received. Ensure payment is received in line with the contract.
- Manage the ongoing commercial aspects of subcontracts, including agreement of terms and conditions.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Significant experience of responsibility for the for the commercial performance of projects.
- Ideally a background in HV Electrical Networks or largescale LV electrical projects.
- Experience of managing a commercial team
- Ideally a degree in a relevant discipline of commercial management / quantity surveying
In return, salary dependant on experience (circa £80,000 per annum), Car allowance / Car (circa £5,300), 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution, Private healthcare etc there on whilst joining a leading tier one contractor on an exciting project, a first of its kind in the UK.
Living away allowance available! 10% uplift, + accommodation allowance is available on further discussion.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information and an informal discussion.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.