Commercial Manager | Specialist Contractor | £65-80k + package
Complex, bespoke and high end residential projects, a firm focus on creating sustainable builds and clear and well-funded training program from day one – sound interesting?
I am working with a privately owned construction business in Bristol to recruit a Commercial Manager to take lead of the growing commercial team.
Established for nearly ten years, this company have become well known for their technical and interesting residential builds. Based in Bristol, they largely work across the South West, sometimes going further afield due to referrals from their satisfied clients.
You will be responsible for a team of two Quantity Surveyors and a Trainee Quantity Surveyor. Due to the nature and size of the business, you will also be expected to get stuck in with the full life cycle of their projects. Values range from £1-9million and are all associated with one off residential builds. Responsibilities include:
- Allocating projects and tasks across the commercial team
- Financial reporting on all projects
- Ensure all payments are carefully managed and made on time
- Management of contracts and any disputes/claims
- Proactively promote the business and seek out new projects
Previous experience in a managerial commercial role is a must, whether that be at the Senior/Managing QS level or as a current Commercial Manager. Ideally, they are looking for someone with 10+ years’ experience in a commercial role. Other requirements include:
- Ideally degree qualified or holding NVQ level 6
- Solid understanding of the construction industry
- Firm interest and passion for the projects they deliver
- A people person with a motivation to maintain the collaborative, no-egos environment they have developed
This contractor has worked hard to create a fantastic office environment where all ideas are heard, and progression is championed. Their central Bristol base boasts free parking as well as an on-site gym, deli and games room.
Sound interesting? Click ‘Apply Now’ for more information or to submit your CV.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.