Girling Jones have a vacancy for a Configuration Management Expert to join on the MEH Alliance, working on the Hinkley Point C project.
- Act as Technical Specialist across a multi-discipline engineering organisation for the validation and verification of configuration data at key handovers points of the programme,
- Validation of serialised assets to fitting locations in the construction installation scopes of works.
- Execute the Configuration Management framework processes and procedures that support the HPC lifecycle requirements defined in the clients ‘End-to-End’ engineering, programme and quality management plans.
- Provide technical assistance to the process development, implementation and deployment of Asset Management software.
- Develop and endure the integrated configuration data set exchanges across the Product Lifecycle management tools product breakdown structure and the Asset Management systems to support the programme.
- Support the Strategic Suppliers design delivery by coordination of technical queries.
- Deliver the End of Erection Status Report as-installed configuration status record in accordance with client specification.
- Monitor monthly the construction site change management activities and sponsor to resolution; Field Change Requests (FCRs), Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) requiring design change, Design Evolution Notices (DENs), Open Points (OPs) and engineering Design Changes (DCs),
- Provide KPI reporting to leadership teams (inc commercial team for costing impact assessments) on open change management.
- Update annually the MEHJV Configuration Management Strategy in line with the HPC Configuration Strategy.
- Ongoing completion of configuration functional assessments of data traceability and provide corrective actions.
- Ongoing physical configuration inspections of as-manufactured and as-installed serialised assets for traceability and provide corrective actions for non-conformance to configuration requirements.
- Develop and establish new asset configuration management procedures that meet the immediate and through life operational product traceability requirements.
- Provide training and awareness in configuration control and requirements; drawing standards , configuration standards.
- Support the Quality Function in supplier surveillance audits of configuration capabilities.
- A Degree in Engineering discipline or significant nuclear experience.
- HS&E MAP / CCNSG
- IPx CMII certified, with familiarity of UK and global Configuration and Change Management good practice.
- Relevant Institute Professional Accreditation commensurate with experience / qualifications in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
- Demonstrate success of managing data / documents within a technically complex and dynamic environment, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar highly regulated environment.
- Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders and maintaining effective networks.
- Able to demonstrate strong management competences, presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
- An understanding of nuclear power generation would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- French language skills an advantage.
- We are able to offer a competitive salary of £50,000 Mid point with generous uplift and allowances for working away from home where required.
- Company car or allowance
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Personal development programme
- Flexible Benefits
If you are interested in this role please click ‘Apply now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.