Are you a “Construction” or “Civil Engineering” Manager with experience managing multiple sites with a multitude of logistical challenges? Do you enjoy overseeing a broad programme of works across a large property portfolio? Is a work life balance important to you and could you make use of 41 days of annual leave?
The University of Exeter estate comprises over 360,000 square metres of academic, research, administrative, commercial, residential accommodation and renewable energy infrastructure on 430 acres of land across Devon and Cornwall. The University has ambitious plans to continue to development its estate and infrastructure, including a bold commitment to invest in sustainability buildings and infrastructure to support its goal of becoming a Net Zero University by 2030.
Due to their current incumbent moving departments we have a rare opportunity working for the University of Exeter Estates Department as their “Impact Mitigation Officer”. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team including specialists in construction project management, building surveying, mechanical and electrical engineering, estate management and strategic planning.
The role will involve;
- Delivering a primary function of coordination and programme management of construction projects for the core activities of the University to function at optimum levels.
- The planning and project management of multiple live and future projects across numerous sites
- Achieving successful & simultaneous project progression whilst maintaining flawless levels of Health & Safety.
- Providing specialist construction mitigation services in relation to the extensive programme of capital works, long term maintenance and other construction works planned by the University in Exeter.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience;
- Planning and Management | Decision Making.
- A Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in building construction.
- A NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety.
- Recent experience as a “construction manager” or “contract manager” delivering multiple capital construction projects.
- Good working knowledge of CDM and fire safety regulations, building regulations, the construction process.
- Project programming and resource planning practical experience.
The University of Exeter is one of the world’s best and is a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities. Formed in 1955, the University was ranked 12th in the UK in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 and is a Global Top 150 university according to the QS World University Rankings 2022. The University has a proud history and has grown from its roots in the South-West of England to be a truly inclusive and diverse global university with a community of over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff across four campuses in Devon and Cornwall and an increasingly significant worldwide digital footprint.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary to £52K p/a as well as a robust benefits package including 41 days annual holiday.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.