Girling Jones are Seeking a Construction Team Leader in the Exeter Depot for one of the leading environmental remediation and incident response contractors in the UK. The Business are dedicated to providing innovative and trusted market leading environmental services and advice for our clients through responsive, agile and pragmatic solutions delivered sustainably and cost effectively. To lead a site team to undertake building works, groundworks and remediation in relation primarily to oil spill incidents at domestic properties. This includes reinstatement internally and externally to original condition. To supervise team members on site to deliver projects in a timely manner.
Day to Day
- Carrying out such works under the direction of the Seed Contracts Manager and/or Operations Manager
- Running projects according to previously agreed schedules and budgets
- Utilising own initiative, skills and knowledge where appropriate
- Driving machinery and undertaking hand dig excavation works to facilitate contamination removal
- Coordinating ordering of materials and skips to site to keep to a schedule of works
- Assisting with collecting photographs throughout all stages of works
- Carrying out works in accordance with health and safety regulations to include relevant RAMS documentation
- Following structural engineer’s drawings/plans to carry out propping works safely, namely brickwork and blockwork
- Supervising Remediation Operatives on site, ensuring their health and safety is maintained
- Enhancing skills such as OFTEC works to assist with spill response where necessary according to the needs of the business
- Be willing to work away if necessary
- Experience in Construction Projects
- 5 Years Experience in Construction Projects
- Valid Driving License
- Digger and Dumper Experience would be ideal
- A good general building knowledge, a willingness to learn new skills, have good organisation and problem-solving skills, and an understanding of project budgets and timelines and an appreciation for health and safety
- £25,000-£30,000 Per Year
- 28 Days rising to 33 with Length of service Annual Leave
- Fully Equipped Van
If you are available and interested please ‘Click Apply’ or contact for more information.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.