This Cost Engineer opportunity lies within an attractive contracting organisation who are both successful in delivery high quality works for their clients and retaining & developing their team.
The Cost Engineer role focuses on a regional utilities reactive program in the South West – in its own right a £9 – £11M t/o annual contract in conjunction with delivery partners and the South West’s leading utility provider.
In this Cost Engineer role you undertake a combination of cost scheduling from a schedule of rates across a range of individual repairs up to major civils projects, usual activities and responsibilities will include;
- Use of Microsoft Office suite & client job management systems to review work requests, produce scope of works instructions and calculation of financial targets.
- Interact with client’s software with entering and interrogating information to facilitate pricing and auditing of ongoing works as well as upcoming schemes.
- Communicating across a range of business including clients & suppliers to understand needs, ensure accurate calculations and profitable results.
Prior experience should include;
- Operating in utilities infrastructure, preferably in water & sewage, including the operational management style of the industry.
- Concise understanding and management of operational processes including H&S, in a similar role working on the public sewer network or in the management of sewer construction & repair with an interest in the financial element.
You will have a dynamic and pro-active approach to working and enjoy working as part of a successful fast-paced & highly motivated team. The role will suit a civils experienced Supervisor or Agent, seeking an office-based position or an experience Estimator or Cost Consultant seeking to join an inspiring contractor.
Salary and package will include £40,000 to £45,000 depending on experience, laptop & phone, company car, Pension and healthcash plan.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.