Do you have a strong technical background within engineering? Are you looking for a role where you can be a part of multiple projects, from the initial design briefs to roll out? If so, we have a great opportunity to join our Project Delivery team as a Design Coordination Engineer!
Our Engineering and Sustainable Delivery (ESD) team is responsible for delivering a wide range of water treatment and wastewater treatment projects across the region, using the services of both in-house and external design consultants and contractors.
As the Design Coordination Engineer, you will work as part of the project delivery team, where you will manage the design process and to act as an interface between consultants, contractors, and Operations to ensure designs are delivered in accordance with our clients requirements.
This position plays a key career progression step for those who aspire to move onto our clients in-house Design, Programme and Project Management or Construction teams.
This will include:
- the preparation and agreement of design briefs, fee proposals, programmes and the general management of contacts to ensure the design team delivers in line with the agreed financial approvals and programme
- coordinating and organising surveys to provide client data to establish project scope
- ensuring that recommended solutions are sustainable and best value in terms of whole life costs
- representing the client and supporting the Project Manager in dealing with the various stakeholder interfaces
- attending workshops and regular design meetings to review design proposals and consider issues such as buildability, commissioning, HAZOPs, Control Philosophy and URS reviews
- managing drawing and document administration to ensure consultants and contractors meet project and regulatory requirements.
What do I need?
To be successful you will ideally hold a degree or equivalent qualification in engineering and have a strong technical background, with experience in the water industry and knowledge of relevant technical standards and systems. You will also have a full appreciation of the key civil, mechanical and electrical design interfaces involved in delivering a project.
You will be a confident and effective communicator with both internal colleagues and external contractors. You will also be IT literate and comfortable report writing. An understanding of treatment process and MEICA experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
What will you get from us?
Our people tell us this company is a great place to work, and they stay with us! We are proud of how we support development and career progression. We have a wealth of both financial and non-financial benefits to offer our people and are committed to ensuring we provide an environment that supports health and wellbeing and flexible working in regard to location and working hours.
We continue to promote diversity and inclusion. With that in mind, we welcome all applicants.
We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer. Applicants who declare they have a disability or have previously served with the Armed Forces, and meet the minimum requirements for the job, will automatically be invited for an interview.
The appointment of successful applicant/s will also be subject to receiving suitable references and basic (or where job applicable) other criminal disclosure checks. You must also be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have what it takes to join this award-winning business and want to be part of our exciting journey and share in that success, then please get in contact with us to find out more.
Sound interesting? Please click APPLY to progress to the next step.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.