Design Manager, Somerset
Working for one of the UK’s most formidable construction & infrastructure businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change integral to the UK’s highways networks.
You will be involved in the first of a series of major highways schemes in the region, set to improve journey times significantly from the South East to the South West. The scheme will include a series of new roads and junctions, earthworks and structures. In this capacity you will be working for the main contractor and responsible for appointing a design consultancy if required.
As one of the UK’s top principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
* Apply CDM 15 and principle of prevention and safety in design
* Establish temporary works (TW) requirements and liaise with site team to produce TW design briefs
* management of all aspects of design
* Lead design meetings and ensure minutes are produced and distributed
* Appreciate target cost allowances and ensure designs are within the budget, liaising with commercial team to seek advice
* Degree civil engineering
* Membership of ICE (desirable)
* Design Management within (highways, rail, water or aviation)
* Office 365 expertise
* 2D & 3D CAD
Salary on offer from £50 – £55,000 p/a plus package and allowances. For the right Design Manager additional support and subsistence will be available. Please contact Alex Boulton on 01392 493347 or click apply to advance your application.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.