Development and Planning Managers Required!
A successful and reputable national house builder are looking to procure a Development Manager to be based from their regional office in Exeter. With an extremely solid land bank and currently operating around 5 sites from their South West office, this is the perfect opportunity for someone wanting to progress their career.
Reporting into the Pre Construction Manager, the primary focus of this role with be to have full accountability of all planning stages within the pre construction phase. Whilst land knowledge would be beneficial, this role is heavily planning bias
- Managing the progress of owned and potential new developments through the technical, legal, planning and financial stages, and be able to work on a number of projects at a time, within a budget
- Appointing, instructing, managing the consultant team and steering projects through the planning and legal processes
- Gaining technical approvals and satisfying all outstanding planning conditions and obligations under S106 agreements
- Responsible for forming and maintaining the infrastructure budget, representing the company at meetings and helping steer the strategic plan, to procure tenders for infrastructure, and other related work to prepare serviced sites
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years experience working for a house builder or contractor ideally
- Development Management experience with a Registered Provider may also be considered
- Full understanding of the whole development process from acquisition and planning through to sale and handover
- Enthusiasm, motivation and be of a dynamic and entrepreneurial nature
In return for your hard work, you will be offered ongoing support, training and career progression as my client embarks on the next stage of growth.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.