Our client has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and professional Ecologist to join our in-house Environmental Team.
Cornwall with relocation package support
Our Consultancy is a technical consultancy service providing feasibility, design, engineering and project management services for infrastructure projects including structures, highways, environmental, traffic and engineering solutions. The company is Cornwall’s largest engineering consultancy, employing over a hundred technical staff.
The role will involve planning, coordinating and delivering a professional ecological service to assist a broad range of projects. You will work closely with the designers, engineers and other disciplines to achieve the best result. You will be responsible for undertaking ecological surveys and producing reports, coordinating subconsultants, as well as liaison with clients and other professionals and organisations.
Working with us you will have a competitive benefits package. It includes pension, professional development investment and employee discount package. We are also able to offer flexible working and relocation support in moving to Cornwall.
- Relevant and proven ecological experience in a similar role (ideally within a consultancy environment)
- Excellent written communication skills and confidence in producing ecological reports, impact assessment and mitigation strategies (e.g. PEA, EcIA, HRA)
- Demonstrable competency and knowledge of ecology, wildlife legislation and planning process
- Experience of undertaking Phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys, such as bats, dormice, badger and reptiles
- Experience of giving a technical ecological advice to other members of the project team
- Possesses a good level of interpersonal skills, including problem solving, presentations and time management
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Willingness to develop new skills
- A degree (or equivalent) in an ecological or closely related subject
- Hold a full UK driving licence and access to your own transport
- Full membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held)
- Experience in delivering a medium to large scale, complex infrastructure projects working in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in EPSM Licence applications will be an advantage, particularly a Level 2 bat licence and a dormice licence
- Experience in undertaking National Vegetation Classification assessments and Biodiversity Net Gain calculations
- Experience in wildlife mitigation design
- Tender preparation experience
- Experience in assisting or acting as Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW)
- Achieved or working towards a relevant Chartered status.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.