Electrical Construction Manager sought, Bridgwater. Girling Jones require an Electrical Construction Engineer to join a client of ours within the MEH Alliance, working on the Hinkley Point C project. Applicants will need to obtain SC clearance, please ensure you meet this requirement before applying.
- Delegation of responsibilities to CE’s/Works Coordination Leads. Lead, manage and motivate the team through implementation of best practice.
- Ultimately accountable to deliver Discipline Specific Construction Work Pack scope of works to support the MEH construction activities
- Define boundary of scope of works
- Liaising with necessary SME’s and client counterparts
- Ensuring documents are compliant with latest works information and other MEH documentation
- Ensure documents are kept up-to-date and reviewed periodically where required.
- Ownership and driving of deliverables from conception to A-Accepted status >90% first time accepted criteria
- Prioritisation and ownership of documentation to enable construction works as per the level 4 plan. E.g. T-3 months accepted prior to works
- Support continuous improvement programmes to improve process/procedures
- Directly report to the Building Manager or nominated deputy.
- Provide and demonstrate a positive HSE leadership, building a strong and compliant HS&E culture throughout the whole construction life cycle of the Project.
- Ensure compliance with all nuclear safety and site licence requirements
- Review and feedback on suitability of level of resource to effectively run the support function
- Deliver Electrical Construction Workpacks to support the MEH Alliance programme
- Enable the use of the Procon system to support the construction works and progress reporting of the MEH Alliance
- Enable the requesting and compliance of the MEH Alliance for the Work Authorisation and Permit systems operated by NNB
- Enable the co-ordination of safe access routing to workfaces to support the MEH Alliance construction works
- Enable the topographical and other surveying required to support the MEH Alliance construction works
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Specific degree or equivalent (HND / HNC) Electrical, vocational training and experience qualifications in line with the requirements.
- Relevant Professional Accreditation (PM, Construction, Engineering)
- Can achieve Security Clearance (BPSS or Higher)
- CCNSG Safety Passport
- IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH or SMSTS
- Proven track record of working in a highly regulated sector, preferably in nuclear
- Experience and knowledge in Electrical Safe Systems of Work
- Experience working on major construction projects
- Experienced in delivering and operating at Engineer or Senior Engineer level, including experience working within Joint Ventures
- We are able to offer a competitive salary with generous uplift and allowances for working away from home where required
- Company car or allowance
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Personal development programme
- Flexible Benefits
Interested? Click APPLY or contact Girling Jones Recruitment for a confidential discussion
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.