Electrical Project Engineer / Electrical Project Manager sought, Newcastle. Girling Jones require an Electrical Project Engineer / Electrical Project Manager to join a progressive MEP Services Contractor, joining the Newcastle team, one of four regional hubs of this national building services contractor, with links to a multinational property consultancy.
Day to Day,
- Assist in developing the projects business with your existing relationships with end users and clients etc
- Liaise with the design team, to ensure the drawings have been released to all stakeholders
- Obtain quotations from suppliers; raise order requisitions; liaise with the operations manager to ensure procurement is completed to programme and to budget
- Organise and sequence delivery of equipment to site in accordance with the programme
- Organise and implement health & safety (H&S) documentation and systems prior to commencement of the works on-site
- Organise and oversee site works by co-ordinating the activities of colleagues and external parties to enable installation work to be carried out on-site
- Liaise with clients, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure effective working relationships are developed and maintained throughout the project
- Produce, review and report on project programmes in accordance with standard procedure
- Review designs, work with the design team to recommend changes
- Liaise with the Commercial team to meet budgetary targets for labour, resources and materials
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Must have previous experience within a similar role as an Electrical Project Engineer / Project Manager
- Successful candidates will be the interface between the office, clients and subcontractors and so must have good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly
- Design and build capabilities are essential, with the ability to scrutinise electrical designs
- Time served apprenticeship, with associated City & Guilds qualifications
- Educated to HNC/HND level desirable, relevant experience will also be considered
- Experience within educational, healthcare, student accommodation, commercial and industrial projects is essential.
- CSCS Card & Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification
What you’ll get in return,
- We’re offering a competitive package dependant on experience (£55,000 – £65,000), Car / allowance (£5,100), 26 days annual leave, medical, enhanced pension, etc there on all whilst working for a progressive, financially secure business offering stability and onward growth.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker at Girling Jones for further information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.