Girling Jones are looking for a tenacious Electrical supervisor to lead a team of two for a high profile client in Swindon. Preferrable electrically biased, we would like for you to bring experience and a background of leadership. You will be working with a high-profile client to oversee the M&E across their portfolio. Hours are 40 hours per week, with standby pay to provide on call services once every three weeks.
Main Duties & Responsibilities for the Electrical Supervisor
- Operate all MEP systems within the Critical Facility/Data Centre in a competent, and confident manner (including MV/LV Electrical isolations/operations). Making recommendations for improvement and providing concise technical reports when required.
- Ensure that Specialist Vendors service visits are completed efficiently, and quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are communicated to the duty JLL FM team and Account Manager
- Ensuring minimum staffing arrangements are always maintained.
- Accurately reporting of all completed work orders, including precise recording of any critical spares/stock items used during these tasks. Utilizing the client platforms.
- Reviewing and preparing MOP’s, SOP’s and EOP’s, as well as proactive participation through relevant EOP scenario drills (BEST or MOCK Drills).
- Completing the weekly reports, ensuring that significant events or activities are noted and effectively communicated to JLL FM team and INTEGRAL management.
- Actively participate and complete Health and Safety compliance activities, such as Hazard/Near Miss Reporting and regular attendance/completion of scheduled Toolbox Talks.
- Accountable for the compliance with JLL MEP process and procedures when undertaking all relevant work orders, ensuring risk management documentation (MOP, SOP or EOP) is in place for all critical works.
- Liaise with the supply chain, when ordering M&E components for remedial/corrective works.
- Undertake Site Specific Technical Assessments and Skills Gap Analysis at intervals defined by INTEGRAL/JLL.
- Take ownership of areas (including all plant rooms) under INTEGRAL control, ensuring they are brought up too and maintained to the required show site standards.
- Efficient and Effective completion of Corrigo Work Orders that have been allocated, ensuring that Work Orders have been acknowledged and completed within SLA.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- LV Authorised Person (A Bonus)
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or similar
- C&G Pts. 1 & 2, equivalent or exceeds.
- 18th Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation (Ability to attain 18thEdition through additional training if you have 17th Edition)
- C&G 2391 test and inspection; BS 7671:2001 for inspection, testing and certification.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.
- Have good IT and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Salary £36,000- £38,000
- Overtime x1.5 on weekday and x2 on weekends + day in lieu on bank holidays
- Standby rate is £15 per day and £50 on bank holidays
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata into shifts for shift workers)
- Company funded health cash plan
- Ability to buy and sell holidays – buy 5 days & sell 2 days
- Life assurance
- Auto-enrolment company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Purchase an electric vehicle via salary sacrifice
- Employee discounts with various brands
- Learning and development programs, training and career opportunities.
If you are interested in the role please click ‘apply now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.