- Posted on:
- Ref: ARJH_1558023991
Are you an Electrician who experience in Building Maintenance? PPM Schedules, Reactive Maintenance? Familiar with commercial contracts? Based in the Plymouth area? Looking for a permanent role?
Then apply now!
Girling Jones are recruiting for an Electrician based out of the Plymouth area to deliver building maintenance including; planned preventative and reactive maintenance, testing, inspection and new installations as well as working in hazardous areas. Although based in Plymouth, there may be the odd need to work at other nearby sites.
- Have good fault finding skills to enable to resolve reactive Electrical issues in a timely and professional manner
- Complete emergency light testing and emergency light repairs
- To complete general power and lighting repairs
- Be a safety person for electrical testing, using a cherry picker for high access work
- General electrical repairs and servicing tasks
- Able to work unsupervised and on their own but also perform effectively as part of a small team
- Keep clear and concise written records for use by others
- Provide information to supervisory and managerial levels to facilitate solutions to problems
- Consistently produce work to a high standard
- Complete work in a timely and efficient manner
- To ensure that all works are carried out to Boden and Client standards, policies and procedures and expectations
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times
What you will need to succeed
- Must be able to gain and retain MoD Security clearance
- Competent response maintenance engineer who can demonstrate extensive knowledge of wiring schematics
- Good Sound knowledge of engineering plant and services within a Commercial environment
- Capable of demonstration a high degree of manual dexterity
- Ability to read and understand a wide range of technical manuals and drawings
- Problem solving skills and fault diagnosis skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Focused, motivated and enthusiastic
- Capable of completing all own paperwork in a clear, accurate and concise manner
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and contribute to the team effort
- Must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Qualifications and Experience
- A recognised apprenticeship with relevant experience as a fully qualified electrician and/or an appropriate City and Guilds/NVQ in an Electrical discipline
- City and Guilds IEE 17th Edition Regulations BS7671 2008
- City and Guilds 2391 or 2395 Testing and Inspection
- Up to date knowledge of latest legislation
- Experience of electrical testing
- Previous knowledge and experience within MoD contracts
- Previous experience of working within a maintenance environment
- Holds CompEx Hazardous and Explosive Area certification (or CompEx Fuel) or is prepared to gain these qualifications
- Experienced in maintaining and repairing Generators or is willing to train for this task
- Holds City and Guilds IEE 18th Edition Regulations BS7671 2008
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Adele at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.