Our client is an extremely successful and professional geo-technical and geo-environmental engineering and ground investigation consultancy, established in 2000. Expanding throughout the UK we provide innovate technical advice and solutions to a range of clientele from individuals to multi-national companies and across various sectors, including construction, infrastructure and renewable energy.
Our previous and current work portfolio includes a breadth of projects, each offering exposure to different types of services, challenges and experience.
We offer employees the opportunity of an excellent training scheme, ongoing mentor support from a range of specialists, business collaboration and rapid career progression. We also advocate maintaining a healthy work life balance and promote a good working environment.
As a company and as individuals value honesty, openness, integrity, personal excellence and continuous self improvement. We take pride in honouring our commitments and responsibilities. We strive to provide technical and environmental services of the highest quality to our clients. Customer satisfaction is recognised as paramount to our success.
The Job Role
They are currently recruiting for Engineering Geologists and Geo-environmental Engineers to join our well-established and experienced consultancy teams in Exeter & Cardiff.
We are specifically looking for candidates that have proven relevant experience in the supervision of ground investigations.
This particular role is an excellent opportunity to work with a wide range of public and private sector clients on some key and major projects offering the opportunity for you to gain broad consultancy experience at an early stage of your career. The role will involve a mix of site-based supervision of geotechnical investigations but will also include some office-based time for analysis and reporting elements of projects.
The role involves undertaking the following tasks effectively and efficiently:
1. Undertaking pre-commencement Desk Study research and reporting.
2. Preparing and Supervising Ground Investigations inc. the logging of soil/rock to current standards.
3. Liaising with clients, contractors and regulatory bodies.
4. Prepare samples and schedule laboratory testing.
5. Production of site logs/data and drafting of Factual Reporting with increasing interpretive input including:
I. Geo-technical: Foundation (Shallow & Deep), Earthworks & Ground Improvement/ Stabilisation, Retaining Structure, Slope Stability, Highway and Drainage Design
II. Geo-environmental: Phased Contaminated Land Risk Assessments (Generic & Detailed), Hydro-geological Risk Assessments, Gas Risk & Management of Waste
6. Comply and implement the relevant sections of the company’s policy statement on health, safety, welfare at work, quality and environmental procedures.
7. Adhere to the principles of the company’s equality policy and ensure commitment to anti discriminatory practice.
The above accountabilities for the role are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time as dictated by the changing needs of the Company. The post holder will be expected to adhere to all company policies and procedures and to undertake other duties as appropriate and as requested by their manager.
The following qualifications, licences and personal attributes are essential for this role:
* BSc, BEng in a Geology, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or related field. A Master’s degree and/or PhD would be advantageous
* 1-3 year’s relevant experience
* A desire to maintain CPD and work towards Chartership (CGeol, CEng, CSci)
* Full UK Driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
* Plans ahead, organises work in advance
* Recognises the importance of high standards of customer service
* Effective Communication with colleagues to build strong working relationships with the aim of meeting and exceeding client expectations
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.