Girling Jones are currently recruiting for an Estates maintenance Manager within Billable Works in the Gloucester Area.
You’ll manage the Reactive and Programmed Property Maintenance for all sites within your area. You’ll operate as the immediate escalation point for significant operational and delivery issues at site level.
Key Responsibilities for the Estates maintenance manager
Along with managing your own team you’ll be responsible for the Chain performance, ensuring that all Reactive and Planned Maintenance key performance indicators are consistently achieved, and works are delivered to Time, Cost and Quality. Key Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Management of service delivery of all Reactive & Programmed maintenance, and Billable Works (<£25k) in accordance with statutory legislation complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Management of team and Supply Chain performance to ensure that all Reactive and Planned Maintenance key performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that all documentation relating to Reactive and Planned Maintenance is distributed in a timely manner and recorded against the appropriate assets in the CAFM system.
- Ensure the maintenance of the Establishment Specific Task Schedule (ESTS) and the Forward Additional Services Plan (FASP) for sites within area of responsibility.
- Overseeing the Early Warning Notification and Risk Reduction Meeting process.
- Overseeing and managing the Statutory Compliance state of sites within area of responsibility, ensuring that any overdue Statutory and Mandatory Tasks are adequately mitigated for risk following consultation with DIO and HoE Representatives.
- Identifying opportunities on establishments to support the Zero carbon reduction targets and initiate Billable Works initiatives to achieve them.
- Ensuring that all Billable Works up to the value of £25k, and delivered by Site teams, are delivered within agreed timelines.
- Acting as an On Call Services Manager as required.
- Planning, directing and coordinating operational activities on sites within area of responsibility to ensure they are being managed efficiently and effectively.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Acting as the focal point for all Heads of Establishments and senior DIO representatives on sites within area of responsibility
- Acknowledge compliments and resolve complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Communicate and promote SDA participation in support of external accreditations and initiatives that are important to relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with Senior Billable Works Managers and Area Managers to identify the most appropriate resource to deliver Billable Works.
- Ensuring that induction and mentoring processes are established for all new Delivery Managers and Admin staff and that suitable joining programmes are put in place to ensure they are capable of meeting all requirements by the end of their probation period.
What you’ll need to do the role
Ideally, you’ll have previous experience in a Buildings/Civil Engineering or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering role ideally within a similar sector. You should have the following qualifications:
- HNC, or equivalent, level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience. Continuing Professional Development
- Technical training to maintain and develop technical competence and awareness of Asbestos / Legionella Responsible Persons within area of responsibility.
- Familiarity with the sites and assets within area of responsibility.
- Emergency first aid qualification
- Fire safety qualification
- Familiarity with and experience in working to Safe Systems of Work appropriate to the discipline
- IOSH or equivalent qualification
- Ideally you will have experience of managing a team as well as being commercially aware.
- Full UK Driving Licence to be around the Gloucester Area
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to be a part of our special people-driven culture – where our diverse and caring workforce support not just each other but also those that rely on our services, plus;
- A competitive salary (dependent upon skills and experience), company car (or cash allowance), pension (matched up to 6%), life insurance; 25 days leave & bank holidays
- A fantastic culture and supportive team; continuous training & development
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals
- The chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
If you are interested in the role please click ‘Apply now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.