Mechanical Estimator sought, Derby. Multinational, multi-technical services provider seeks to employ a Mechanical Estimator to join their team based in Derby delivering varied mechanical, electrical and build services within a local manufacturing facility. Their main client are one of the world’s leading industrial technology companies, with an international presence. Should you have experience of mechanical HVAC services, and ideally a knowledge of industrial services and build please do get in touch for further details on this exciting opportunity!
Day to day,
You will be working alongside a team of Estimators to prepare estimates, quotations and budget prices to secure orders for work including,
- Review client specifications and requirements.
- Attend Client team meetings
- Develop Outline client scope into fully detailed costs
- Site Visits.
- Quantity take offs from drawings and/or site surveys
- Prepare requests for quotations to Sub Contractors and Suppliers.
- Analyse returns from Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Preparation of cost sheets.
- Preparation of Tender letters.
- Preparation of Tender programmes and schedules.
- Attendance of Hand Over meetings to Project teams.
- Interface with Surveyors, Designers, Buyers, other Estimators, Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Department, Central Engineering and Design Department, Continuous Process Improvement Department
- Interface with Clients, Client Partners, Suppliers, Sub-contractors & Utilities companies
What you’ll need to succeed,
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are as listed below,
- Mechanical estimating experience in an Industrial building services environment.
- High level of accuracy and commercial acumen
- Quality of estimating proposals
- Good communication and presentational skills
- Conversant with use of Microsoft Office
- Conversant with use of Estimation Software
- Ability to produce programme utilising Microsoft Projects
- Mechanical estimating experience within the building services sector
- Ability to utilise AutoCAD for simple tasks
- Ability to utilise Amtech
- Background knowledge of electrical, civil and construction methods
In return, we are offering a very competitive package to include basic salary (c£45 – £48k DOE), Car Allowance, Pension, medical etc but above all else the chance to work within a progressive, multinational employer offer ongoing personal and professional development.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.