Girling Jones are seeking a Facilities Manager to be based around Truro for one of the largest and best-known residential estate agencies in the South West of England. The Business deal with all aspects of the property market, whether you are buying, selling, renting or letting, from land and new homes, to property management.
The Facility manager is responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive and quality Facilities Management (FM) service, ranging from managing and monitoring the day to day maintenance and repairs operations of our Approved Contractors within our managed portfolio to strategic planning, managing key relationships with suppliers to deliver cost effective procurement and maximising value from contracts, playing a key integral role in the management of client assets working alongside the management surveyors in delivering to clients (and tenants) every aspect of the Property Management Agreement.
- Prepare, let and supervise service contracts for lifts, fire alarms, gas installations, communal lighting systems and any other service contracts required relating to maintenance, repair and health and safety requirements,
- Manage the delivery of FM services for Miller Commercial managed sites/buildings within budgets and in line with the department business plan, RICS guidance and best FM practice; Coordinating the delivery of full FM services ensuring that all managed buildings, equipment and associated contract and utility services within those buildings are operated and maintained in accordance with agreed schedules, standards of work and within statutory Health & Safety requirements
- Take instructions from surveyors to seek quotations from approved contractors or instruct works from those contractors and ensure they are fully and professionally delivered and completed in a timely manner. Ensure that agreed work carried out by contractors has been completed satisfactorily, signed off and any deficiencies followed up and establish systems of monitoring and control to review overall FM service quality
- Plan, implement and oversee cyclical repair and painting programmes in accordance with good practice, budgets and lease requirements
- Assist to seek out and approve new contractors to ensure that there are sufficiently competent to deliver works to our managed property portfolio. Monitor and review existing contractor performance and ensure that they comply with health and safety standards, including all health and safety and the CDM regulations
- Liaise with clients and Surveyors to agree scope of works and set the standards to which the facilities and procurement service is to be delivered and develop SLAs which can be used across the portfolio
- Prepare specifications, administer and supervise contracts for all repair, maintenance and improvement work (up to an agreed spend limit), including response to emergencies. Appoint and liaise with specialists on more complex work, arranging and coordinating consultancy and building surveying and engineering support as appropriate
- Fully utilise the IT packages available to enable efficient and appropriate planning and monitoring of stock condition and wider asset management and develop and implement systems and processes that support the effective delivery of FM services
- Assist the surveyors in the overall management of the client’s asset in accordance with Miller Commercial’s Property Management Agreement, including the formal inspection of that asset with an agreed frequency of attendance and reporting upon the same in an agreed written format
- Hold the departments emergency out of hours mobile phone and respond to out of hours emergencies as principal stand-by contact.
- Experience of Facilities Management in a SME, with multiple sites over a wide geographical area.
- Risk assessment and management with operational H&S management Dealing with external customers, e.g., suppliers, contractors.
- Ability to plan and organise own work programme with minimal supervision Flexible in approach.
- Work under pressure, whilst retaining attention to detail Commitment to customer service excellence and continuous improvement
- Driving License
- £35,000 Salary
- Annual Leave
- Company Pension
- Additional Health Benefits
If you are interested please click ‘Apply Now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.