Girling Jones are recruiting for a client who are a major provider of property and facility management services, with an outstanding track record in the management of all types of commercial property including shopping centres, business parks and complex mixed use city centre developments.
Our facilities management team provides best in class solutions to the daily challenges of property facilities management, helping deliver operational efficiencies while simultaneously enhancing property values. We offer a comprehensive range of specialist FM services, focusing on the procurement and management of premises support services, auditing of facilities management contracts and ensuring statutory compliance.
Day to day duties off Facilities Manager:
- Working in this key role within our highly successful team you will be responsible for the operational management of FM services across a diverse range of commercial property.
- Working on behalf of a range of clients you will deliver high level services meeting KPI and SLA targets across the predominately South West property portfolio.
- Your role as Facilities Manager, will be to ensure best practices are followed for maximum efficiency across a diverse portfolio of client properties.
- You’ll be involved in both strategic planning and day to day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises support services.
- You will also be assisting your FM colleagues with the procurement and instruction of appropriate maintenance and reactive works, via online systems and in person where appropriate.
- Working with (and under the supervision of) Head of Facilities Management
- Management of premises support services within the managed portfolio
- Direct, plan and coordinate essential services for clients such as grounds maintenance, reception, security, cleaning, building fabric maintenance, MEP Maintenance
- Procurement of FM Services including the preparation of tender documents and specifications
- Ensure buildings meet health and safety, environmental and quality requirements that comply with current legislation and industry standards.
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Maintain regular liaison and engagement with occupiers on the managed portfolio, regarding the Facilities Management services and ensuring colleagues are aware of any issues
- Attend managed properties as required, to enable and support the provision of Facilities Management services for clients and occupiers
- Providing occasional holiday cover for a member of the FM team, monitoring emails, online systems, invoices and dealing with matters that arise
- Ensure that all necessary documentation (certificates, reports, photos etc) is provided by suppliers in a timely fashion, is kept on site, and is recorded through online systems.
- Re-tendering service contracts or obtaining quotes for planned or reactive works at managed properties, helping to ensure high standards and value for money.
- Scheduling and where appropriate attending H&S audits, including but not limited to General Risk, Fire Risk, Water Risk and Asbestos.
- As an experienced FM professional, most requirements of the job will be familiar to you
- Excellent Customer Service
- Previous facilities management experience, preferably in the commercial managing agent environment
- High degree and knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, environmental protection requirements and ideally IOSH qualified
- Knowledge of Commercial Property Service Charges
- Experience of outsourced contract management
- Excellent IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- You’ll have a methodical approach with attention to detail
- Self-motivated and passionate about working as part of a team
- Ideally, you’ll have an understanding of Accountancy/Invoicing and financial reporting
- Familiarity with CAFM systems
- You’ll be operating or have the capability to operate at Level 4 and above on the IWFM Professional Standards framework
If you are interested and would like more information please click ‘apply now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.