Girling Jones have got a fantastic new opportunity for a Fire Project Manager to cover the Central North area / parts of North East. The management and execution of all Single Living Accommodation (SLA) Passive Fire Remediations Projects, across the Central Estate. The SLA Fire Remedial Projects are a fall out from the Fire Compartmentation and Fire Door Surveys that were commissioned, for all Single Living (SLA) Mess and SLAM Accommodations across the MoD UK Estate.
This is a key role required to ensure all Remediation Projects are delivered on time, within budget and to minimise, monitor and control the risk to the end user.
Fire Project Manager Day to Day Duties – Technical:
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of Additional Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard.
- Conduct routine H&S Inspections in accordance to the RAMS.
- Confer with local DIO representatives, the Local Customer Service Representative and the relevant Site Manager to agree scope & priorities of Additional Works on a regular basis.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to Additional Works are completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and the Legionella management plan.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD’s carbon reduction targets.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support economic remedial and technical solutions.
- Ensure operations are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for VIVO.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk
- Understand operational priorities, develop, and maintain close working and effective relationships with site teams pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
- Support management in providing optimal cost-effective solutions to customer requirements to resolve end user issues.
- Understand operational priorities of the HoE, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with local DIO and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
- Support end users in the development of new work requirements and the provision of formal Additional Works project submissions.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Liaise with the local VIVO Operations team to ensure site knowledge and on-going maintenance requirements are fully incorporated in the planning and delivery of Additional Works.
- Provide sufficient and timely supervision, assessment and coaching to ensure teams are performing to agreed service levels, ensuring effectiveness and the timely delivery of Additional Works.
Significant practical experience in:
- Project Management
- Fire Knowledge
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
Experience of supervising site operations, including:
- Managing staff in the appropriate disciplines
- Planning, directing, and controlling activities
- Management of resources to achieve results
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Familiarity with the sites and equipment for which responsible
- Familiarisation with:
- Maximo applications
- Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Passive Fire
- Salary – £38,000 – £42,000
- Car Allowance / Company Car
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.