Flood Risk/ Drainage Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Civil Engineer with 3-4 years’ experience to support our growing workload with a start as soon as possible.
Our client is a regional, award-winning consultancy based in Exeter. We provide our staff with excellent opportunities to get involved in all aspects of our design work for some of the most prestigious development projects in the south west.
You would be working on the planning and design of highways, drainage and infrastructure solutions for a range of residential, retail, industrial and commercial developments.
We offer a competitive salary and flexibility for a mix of office and home working. Other benefits include:
- Rewards package with profit-related bonus scheme.
- 5% company pension contributions
- Life cover
- Health Scheme
- Benefits Flexi-pot to spend on other benefits such as our bike purchase scheme, Gym-flex membership, additional annual leave etc
All engineers are encouraged and assisted to progress their training towards ICE professional qualifications through our ICE approved Training Scheme, with internal and external training opportunities being provided.
The varied role will be focused on the planning stage of projects working with colleagues to prepare Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage & Utility Strategies, and highways schemes to support planning applications for a wide variety of developments. You would also be involved in infrastructure design for technical approval and construction. You can expect to be working on several projects at any given time and you will report to, and be mentored by, one of our management team, all of whom are Chartered Civil Engineers.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced graduate to gain a wide range of further experience in the early years of a career in civil engineering consultancy.
- You will have graduated in the last 5 years with a good (2:1 or above) Civil Engineering degree and ideally will have a minimum of 2 years of consultancy experience.
- You will have good written and spoken communication skills and be able to
demonstrate delivery of packages of work as part of a team.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience with Autocad
- Working experience of Microdrainage or Flow, Civil 3D or Site 3D would be ideal but not essential as full training and support would be provided.
- Some understanding of the planning system and technical approval of adopted infrastructure.
Above all, however, we are really looking for is someone who is enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and work closely with team members to deliver shared goals.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.