Calling all Maintenance Electricians in the Yeovil area
Are you Electrician competent in carrying out repair and maintenance? Familiar within Commercial Sites? Enjoy working within a team? Based in Yeovil?
Then Apply Now!
I need a Commercial Electrician to carry out repair and maintenance to the fixed wiring installations across the site to ensure compliance with the latest edition of IEE wiring Regulations. As Electrician, you will work within a team to deliver electrical repairs to a high standard with minimum impact to Client business; delivering FET remedial repairs across 137 buildings. As Electrician you will be competent and familiar with test and inspect.
- Carry out electrical repairs to the fixed wiring installations on site to ensure compliance.
- Test and Inspect
- Remedial Works
- Use own initiative to carry out work safely and effectively without constant close supervision to ensure delivery targets are met.
- Work as part of a helpful, pro-active building and facilities team that will responsibly communicate with members of the client and own team achieve good communication and passage of information.
- Follow site safe systems of work and procedures to ensure a high level of safety is maintained.
- Fixed wiring remedial repairs in accordance with the latest edition of wiring regulations
- Where competent, basic electrical fault identification, (including, but not limited to) light fittings (includes emergency lights), lamp replacement, safe installation and inspection of electrical equipment.
- Maintain Company issued tools, equipment, PPE to a safe and good working order of condition.
- The accurate completion of all task sheets or appropriate soft copy/electronic equivalent with relevant information.
- To proactively seek and remedy building defects in a timely and professional manner.
- To build professional relationships with all stakeholders
- Reactive Maintenance – delivered within required contractual completion deadlines (SLA)
What you will need to succeed
- Experience in electrical maintenance and repair
- Competent in Test and Inspect
- Familiar with Remedial works
- Ideally commercial Experience
- Good Communication skills at a team and management level both within the team and to the client
- Excellent aptitude to time management
- Experience of working successfully within the requirements of a regulatory body
- Work well within a team
Qualifications / Training
- Competence in latest Electrical Regulations
- Test and Inspect
- Experience in FM contracts
The holiday is 20 days Per Ann+ 8 bank holidays.
Overtime is available this is paid at a rate of 1.2 or 2 PH.
(please note this is shift work and likely to be 4 days on and 4 days off )
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Steve at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.