Are you a General Foreman looking to join a superb team and project in South Devon? Does working for a privately owned multibillion t/o contractor delivering civil engineering and construction services across a range of sectors including highways, building, environment and marine sound of interest? This is a regional contractor with many years of work ahead in Plymouth, South Devon.
In the capacity of General Foreman you will be working within the specialist civil engineering division supporting the Works Manager in organising subcontract and self delivery teams on a large section of a £30M+ program of works initially over the next two years – the scope is already expanding!.
Technical aspects of this large infrastructure upgrade program of works will include subways, hydro dams, buildings, piling and many more all with their own complexities. You will ideally have prior main contractor experience within a marine/environmental framework environment of heavy civils.
Your General Foreman duties will include;
Management of the workforce on site to ensure that safe methods of work are used and the effect on the environment is minimised
- Take ownership for Health and Safety on site.
- Managing daily the onsite allocation of plant, labour and materials.
- Work and contribute towards team environment ensuring all materials are available inside work areas.
Effective management of contractors and contracts
- Manage effectively contractors and delivery supply chain.
- Ensure all RAMS are in place and have been suitably communicated and fully understood
- Ensure ITPs and MARs are in place prior to works commencing and are subsequently progressed & completed.
- Maintain programme and identify opportunities
- Keep a full and accurate daily diary, including any changes / variations, specialist attendances, upload all daily diary reports
Your General Foreman experience should be extensive and include delivery of major projects, qualifications include SMSTS, CSCS. Salary range will be £45,000 to £55,000 plus package including car or car allowance, working away allowance circa 15%, subsistence and additional pay for shift where required. For more information please contact Joe Knowles on 01392 493347.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.