Graduate Surveyor – Newport
We are recruiting for a national, award-winning property consultancy delivering high profile, inspiring developments to a range of public and private sector clients across the UK.
This is a joint venture partnership with Newport City Council. They provide a full range of property and facilities managements services to the public and private sectors. Currently managing over 1500 assets for the City Council and our goal is to be the FM provider of choice in South Wales and the West.
Currently recruiting for a Graduate Surveyor to join our Asset Management and Valuation team on a full time, permanent basis.
As Graduate Surveyor, you will be responsible for the contribution towards the delivery of Estate Management and Valuation services to meet prescribed targets, in accordance with all relevant policies, standards and legislation. Your main duties will also include.
- Undertaking all aspects of general practice work
- General management including rent reviews, surrenders, assignments, sub lettings, improvement works, term compensation and dilapidation
- Assisting with the maintenance of records (including the inputting of data)
- Undertaking the inspection of property and measurement,
Our ideal candidate
Whilst you will ideally have proven experience within a similar role, we are always keen to develop our employees so would welcome your application if you are keen to progress and grow within the field, and can demonstrate the following;
- Associate Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (AssocRICS) or be willing to work towards
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in estates related discipline
- Experience in a similar or related role
- Excellent organisational skills to manage a busy and varied caseload
- Full UK driving licence
What’s in it for you?
Alongside the chance to work for an industry recognised company, a competitive salary and a working environment dedicated to nurturing their staff, we offer a range of further benefits including;
- Salary of £25,419
- Mileage paid at casual user rate of 0.45p per mile
- 1x Professional Fees Subscription (RICS) paid annually
- Company Pension & Sickness Scheme
- Ongoing training and development
This position is being offered on a full time, permanent contract working 37hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.