Head of Building Surveying – Newport
We are recruiting for a national, award-winning property consultancy delivering high profile, inspiring developments to a range of public and private sector clients across the UK.
This is a partnership with Newport City Council, providing expertise across property, estates, design and facilities management. They provide greater stability, flexibility in response and streamlined management to their existing portfolio, whilst adding innovation and value in new business ventures.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Head of Building Surveying to join the team in Newport. This position is being offered on a full time, permanent contract working 37hours per week, Monday to Friday.
As Head of Building Surveying, you will be responsible for supporting the Managing Director in managing property professional and technical staff specialising in property & estates management.
This role commands strong knowledge within the Valuation and Estates Management sector, you must have the ability to formulate and develop a strong team environment. You will ensure personnel remain motivated, trained and capable of delivering requirements with a flexible approach.
You will be required to meet the overall operational requirements along with meeting business targets and client service level agreements, Quality and Performance targets and implementation and property strategies.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for you to offer a combination of relevant commercial experience and industry recognised training for the position, demonstrated by;
- Professional Chartered membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors –
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an estate related discipline
- Ability to foster professional relationships with new and existing clients
- Proven experience in a similar building surveying role
- Ability to work independently with minimal support or within a large multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of the Building Regulations, and other relevant construction and building surveying related legislation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage and negotiate with all levels of internal and external parties
What’s in it for you?
- Salary of £51,709 – £55,686 DoE
- 24 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- Company Pension & Sickness Scheme
- Mileage paid at casual user rate of 0.45p per mile
This position is being offered on a full time, permanent contract working 37hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.