Health & Safety CDM Advisor
Health & Safety CDM Officer
Are you a team player who enjoys working for a privately owned principal contractor. Do you live in Devon and want a regional role for a leading civils infrastructure contractor in its class? If yes please read on!
We are working with a civils infrastructure contractor involved in a major civils construction infrastructure project involving multiple services and installations.
Based from site offices in South Devon your role will include;
- Supporting the provision of health & safety inside a large Civils Marine/Infrastructure project in Plymouth.
- Working closely with the national Health & Safety lead overseeing, implementing and reviewing CDM requirements on each site whilst liaising with the clients own Health & Safety management delegate.
- Developing strong relationships with all colleagues, this business operates a “sleeves up” methodology, from director to operatives, people are afforded respect and the business works as one team.
- Developing the works program alongside the SPM.
- Working closely with the framework partners and client representatives.
- Overseeing all construction activities from a H&S perspective supporting and working with site managers.
- Taking responsibility for Health & Safety regulations, producing RAMS and deputising for the Project Manager.
- Close working with the senior management and commercial teams.
- CDM Management.
In the capacity of Health & Safety CDM Advisor you will be working within the specialist civil engineering division supporting a Senior Project Manager delivering a large section of a £30M+ program of works initially over the next two years – the scope is already expanding!. Technical aspects of this large infrastructure upgrade program of works will include subways, hydro dams, buildings, piling and many more all with their own complexities. You will ideally have prior main contractor experience within a marine/environmental framework environment of heavy civils. Basic salary in the region of £50K to £55K plus package dependant upon experience.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.