Looking for a change in career direction, without losing the ability to utilise your current strengths within your existing role?
We are delighted to be representing University of Exeter who are consistently ranked within the UK’s top 20 Higher Education providers. As an employer who have a genuine interest in the happiness and wellbeing of their employees, they recognise that this starts with the attraction and development of a talented and diverse workforce. To do this, they procure and retain outstanding individuals from around the globe and work together as one team, unified by their shared values.
We are looking to procure a new “Impact Mitigation Manager” to join the Estate Services Department with primary responsibility for the planning, management, and development of the Estate. The department includes specialists in construction project management, building surveying, mechanical and electrical engineering, estate management and strategic planning.
Due to the scale of capital investment in the University Estate, at any given time there will be in the region of 30 sites across the Campus- each with their appointed Site Manager. This role will be to effectively manage and programme the projects to ensure there is minimal external impact to the operation of the University
Key Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Liaise and coordinate with Site Managers, Contractors, and a range of key stakeholders
- To take a strategic view of projects across the estate and ensure coordination between projects
- Work with colleagues across all departments of the University, developing and implementing the impact mitigation plan
- Procure and implementing specific temporary or ancillary works outside of project boundaries, such as road sweeping and signage
A full and detailed Role Profile is available on request
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have significant experience as a Construction Manager, Contracts Manager or Project Manager and will have successfully completed multiple construction projects concurrently.
As well as the above, you will be expected to have the following:
- Construction Related Degree
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
- Ability to relate to and build a good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- IT literate – good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project etc
- Flexible attitude and able to work on own initiative
The market is as buoyant as ever so why choose this role to explore?
If the low staff turnover and highly acclaimed awards don’t already interest you, then maybe you should consider their genuine passion to create a place where people can truly fulfil their potential and ambitions
As an institution, they hang their hat on employing people who can realistically reach their professional and personal goals, creating a high-performance culture and rewarding their performance fairly
The position will provide a unique opportunity to play a key role in the delivery of an industry-leading capital programme on one of the most beautiful and diverse campus environments in the UK.
Get in touch and apply today
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.