This Site Engineer opportunity sits within the Energy & Utilities division of this Principal Contractor delivering a range of civil engineering schemes for a number of framework clients. In particular schemes on behalf of the regional water infrastructure organisation. Project values typically range from £300K to £5M. As well as civil engineering, disciplines include MEICA, mains rehabilitation and replacement infrastructure.
Key Site Engineering responsibilities will include;
- Assisting in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
- Providing engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
- Responsibility for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
- Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly.
- Ensuring workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out.
- Assisting in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding.
- Leading input on Safety, Health and Environmental Management Systems and to assist in its implementation to ensure a safe working environment.
Prior engineering experience and the appetite to develop your skills and lead engineering onsite essential. This framework has the benefit of additional funding under the “Green Recovery Funding” from government which includes an additional £30M of infrastructure spend in this sector/region for Mid to North Devon.
Salary dependant upon experience. For more information or to apply please contact Joe Knowles on 01392 493347 or email
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.