My client, an innovative, creative practice with offices across the UK are seeking to add a landscape architect to their talented Exeter office. The ideal candidate will be motivated, artistic and have a keen eye for detail. The enthusiastic landscape architect will work across some of the UKs most exciting development and regeneration projects.
- Overseeing the design of a variety of projects, including urban regeneration schemes, pedestrian schemes, road or retail schemes, and maintaining the character of sites of natural beauty
- Establishing general landscape requirements with clients
- Conducting preliminary studies of the site
- Accurately preparing and presenting detailed plans and working drawings, including applications, construction details and specifications for the project
- Presenting proposals to clients, dealing with enquiries and negotiating any amendments to final design
- Seeking and taking into account the views of local residents, potential users, and parties with a vested interest in the project
- Understanding individual client’s needs, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and establishing final briefs
- Considering materials and costs according to set budgets and
- Conducting feasibility studies for projects
- Researching and gathering information and photographs relating to the project
- Preparing detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models, visuals and schemes, often using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Site Surveying
- Working in a team with other designers
- Keeping up to date with new developments in the design industry
- Horticultural knowledge
- An appreciate of space and planting enabling you to develop a high quality landscape design
- An ability to detail both standard hard and soft Landscape solutions
- Experience of using computer aided design software and word processing
If this sounds like the role for you, then please apply below.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.