Maintenance Manager required to join a leading local Contractor who specialise in Mechanical Services. You will be joining a business focusing on local Maintenance work, reporting into the Manager you will be overseeing small works / servicing contracts across the Somerset / Dorset region
Projects you will be overseeing will include HVAC, Gas, LPG, Oil, Water Services, as well as smaller maintenance projects within Commercial and Industrial.
This is a diverse and varied position, offering the Maintenance Manager the chance to work on varied properties. As well as overseeing the Maintenance team, you will get involved in some Project Management and Estimating.
Key points to the role
- Ensuring the adoption of safe working practices during the maintenance and repair of properties
- Manage the maintenance delivery teams to ensure that a coordinated sequence of works is procured and executed in a timely and costly manner.
- Ensure Compliance for all Reactive, Pre-planned Maintenance, Procurement and Finance.
- Ensure maintenance is delivered in line with the companies regulations
- Provide reports and all maintenance planning and delivery issues.
- Ensure contracts are in place for all sub-contractors and that compliance with the contract is adhered to.
- Management of staff, tradesman and specialists delivering the maintenance programme.
- Manage and maintain compliance with statutory maintenance regimes.
- You will be happy having a more static based role but you will still be out and about on a regular basis
What you’ll need to succeed
- Understand the world of Commercial and Industrial Maintenance within small works and servicing
- Proven financial and commercial awareness.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding client liaison skills; commercially aware and good negotiating skills.
An industry recognised Mechanical qualification within Mechanical Engineering is a must
What you’ll get in return
Working within a secure and friendly team, full management support, a generous salary with
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Steve at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.