Girling Jones are currently recruiting for a Regional Maintenance technician who is Responsible for reporting, managing and overseeing all maintenance and compliance testing for the bookshops in a regional area, with the support of the Area Maintenance Manager and approved sub-contractor list and a central head office team.
Key Responsibilities for the Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance for the bookshops in the designated area of 15+ stores
- Work closely with shop teams to identify maintenance issues, log jobs with the Service Desk and Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system
- Complete monthly compliance Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and reactive tasks based on competence and skillset, drawing on sub-contractor support where appropriate
- Reporting on performance of sub-contracted works.
- Ensure that all instructions and records are completed and returned to the Service Desk, and all Compliance Certificates returned to RMS / Site Log Book records are updated and maintained all in accordance with standard company practices.
- Manage a ‘live’ reactive job list for each store, ensuring all jobs are completed within agreed timescales
- Audit the stores on a regular basis to ensure all compliance testing and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) visits are up to date, identifying any reactive tasks that need attending to.
- Ensure all maintenance consumables are available and arrange replenishment to ensure agreed stock levels are maintained
- Ensure that an accurate Site Log Book record of all works remains on site/CAFM System for the store/line managers information and approval
- Undertake on-site diagnostic analysis and report on what further resource may be required
- Undertake a visual condition inspection of all installed equipment / assets and building fabric and report on any items that may jeopardise reliability
- Carry out general maintenance, good housekeeping practices to ensure that the life expectancy of all installed equipment is maximised.
- Participate in Health & Safety Codes of safe working and other environmental issues to ensure total compliance with Waterstones Health, Safety and Environmental Policy. Report any omissions or risks that might compromise a safe working environment.
- Attend to all reasonable emergency call-out requests as speedily as possible and maintain good communications with the store and Service Desk with the progress of all outstanding works
- Make recommendations to the Area Supervisor on matters concerning continuous improvement and “adding value” that may improve the productivity, costs, quality of service delivery etc.
- Look for ways to continually enhance the operation of the site
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Multi skilled technician with a broad skill base (electrician preferred with 18th edition)
- Experience working on other Facilities Management contracts
- Previous retail experience preferred
- A good understand of building maintenance and statutory testing regimes
- Reasonable level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities
- Ability to explain complex issues and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Calm and professional approach
- Must be able to problem solve easily
- Friendly and approachable nature with great communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work from instruction and make decisions as needed with minimal supervision
- Salary: Up to £29,000.00 per year
- Covering 15 stores across the South West
- Annual leave
- Company Pension
- Company Vehicle
For more information please click ‘Apply now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.