Mechanical Contracts Manager / Mechanical Projects Manager sought, Yeovil. Girling Jones are proud to once again be supporting a regional mechanical contractor as they seek to appoint a further mechanical Contract Manager / Project Manager to their team following a promotion internally.
Your new employer,
- Based in Yeovil, and operating predominantly throughout the South West, the business has many years of experience of delivering building engineering services to a wide ranging customer base covering the industrial, commercial, public sector and domestic markets. With a highly trained, directly employed workforce of over 50, operating under approved certification for all areas of work it carries out, the company has demonstrated since being founded over 30 years ago.
Day to day,
- Customer liaison – understand customer needs, develop and sustain good relationships, resolve disputes/problems.
- Read and understand the project specification/design brief and drawings, then fully communicate that to your site supervisor/site team, ensuring that they fully understand it.
- Cross reference the spec with our estimate, to ensure that our estimate is compliant.
- Costing & managing variations – putting together small costing exercises, confirming receipts of additional works, buying materials competitively and managing through to completion.
- Continuous project managing – regularly brief your team, operatives, contractors, our own sub-contractors and suppliers, ensure targets are set and checked, monitor quality and ensure the end products are achieved to a timely and acceptable standard.
- Work planning – understanding the overall programme of works and where our mechanical works fit within that programme, assessing our labour requirements for the works and cross referencing with the original estimate, designating suitable labour via our in-house weekly labour planning meeting.
- Producing RAMS and managing site safety in close liaison with our supervisors.
- Invoicing – gather information to assist with the invoicing, including all variation costings, drawing revisions etc., and ensuring that invoices and applications are processed in line with the clients agreed dates for staged applications and payments.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Previous experience as a Contracts/Projects Manager
- Mechanical qualification within building services engineering
- SMSTS / SSSTS
- HNC / HND in building services engineer (Desirable)
In return, we are offering a competitive package and the chance to work for a progressive yet stable family owned and operated business.
Interested? Click APPLY now for further details or contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.