Girling Jones are recruiting for a Multi skilled Mechanical HVAC engineer based in London
Mechanical HVAC Engineer to join technical service team and deliver an array of planned maintenance tasks and reactive as they arrive. Support the rest of the Technical services team in delivery their PPM & reactive.
- Ensure that the day-to-day planned preventative maintenance activities of building maintenance is completed in line with our contractual obligations
- Ensure all assets are maintained in accordance with SFG20.
- Assist in supervising contractors and sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all reactive calls are closed out in line with our contractual time scales
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation and Company policy.
- Ensure all building M&E plant is functional and operational within design parameters and carry out reactive repairs within agreed response and rectification times
- Keep all plant/rooms / services enclosures clean, tidy safe and secure
- Assist other Technical Service engineers / staff with their duties as required
- Undertake any ad-hoc duties that may be necessary
- Communicating well with the client & staff on site
- Be part of a 1 in 5 call out rota
- Reporting any defects immediately to Technical Services Supervisor
- Ensuring all records are kept up to date at all times.
- Small install works as and when required.
What we are looking for
- British passport holder to undergo Developed Vetting for the role.
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent NVQ qualification in Mechanical / HVAC
- Ability to undertake all facets of maintenance and installation requirements as required within the scope of the contract.
- Ability to use Trend 365 BMS
- Good understanding of all building services
- Well organised and attentive
- Experience with Cooling Towers and L8 Compliance
- Be pro-active and have the ability to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets.
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change / flexible approach to work and working hours (subject to the EU Working Time Directive).
- Pro-active and positive approach to work.
- Must have sound interpersonal skills and pay attention to detail.
- Presented in a clean and tidy manner to represent the company, in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role.
- Good knowledge of building Statutory Compliance.
- Able to carry tools and equipment by hand up to 20kg.
- Able to ascend/descend vertical access equipment; able to work at height.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Must be available to join a call out rota.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
- £38,000- £42,000 Salary
- Annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Employee Shares Scheme
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.