Mechanical Project Engineer / Senior Mechanical Engineer sought, Hinkley Point C. Girling Jones are delighted to be support an MEH Alliance member seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer on site at Hinkley Point. We require further support within the mechanical delivery on this large scale, nuclear power station.
- Delegation of responsibilities to Works Coordination Leads. Lead, manage and motivate the team through implementation of best practice.
- Ultimately accountable to deliver Discipline Specific Construction Work Pack scope of works to support the MEH construction activities
- Define boundary of scope of works
- Liaising with necessary SME’s and client counterparts
- Ensuring documents are compliant with latest works information and other MEH documentation
- Ensure documents are kept UpToDate and reviewed on a minimum 6 monthly basis
- Ownership and driving of deliverables from conception to A-Accepted status >90% first time accepted criteria
- Prioritisation and ownership of documentation to enable construction works as per the level 4 plan . E.g. T-3 months accepted prior to works
- Support continuous improvement programmes to improve process/procedures
- Directly report to the Building Manager or nominated deputy.
- Ensure compliance with all nuclear safety and site licence requirements
- Review and feedback on suitability of level of resource to effectively run the support function
- Deliver Construction Workpacks to support the MEH Alliance programme
- Enable the use of the Procon system to support the construction works and progress reporting of the MEH Alliance
- Enable the requesting and compliance of the MEH Alliance for the Work Authorisation and Permit systems operated by NNB
- Enable the co-ordination of safe access routing to workfaces to support the MEH Alliance construction works
- Enable the topographical and other surveying required to support the MEH Alliance construction works
- Mechanical relevant mechanical engineer qualification / building services trade
- HND or equivalent in building services engineering
- Can achieve Security Clearance (BPSS or Higher)
- IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH
- Experience working on major construction projects
- Experienced in delivering and operating at a Engineer or Senior Engineer level, including experience working within Joint Ventures
- We are able to offer a competitive salary with generous uplift and allowances for working away from home where required, company car or allowance (circa £5,300), 9 day fortnight working pattern, 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution, Private healthcare, Discounts, Personal development programme, etc there on.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.