Mechanical Project Manager sought, Bristol. Girling Jones are seeking a Mechanical Project Manager to join a progressive M&E contractor based within their Bristol team. Our client are a national building services contractor with links to a multinational property consultancy offering both financial stability and further opportunity to progress.
Your new employer,
- A progressive, multi technical services provider with links to a multinational property consultancy. The business deliver high value, large schemes notably within the medical sector.
- Drive a safety first culture on site through dialogue, support of H&S team on inspections and challenged any non-conformance by operatives
- To deliver financial targets to meet established objectives, this will include the reporting of financial status with the aid of the Site Commercial team into the Operations Manager and Managing QS
- Deliver project in line with the contract and target construction programme
- To take responsibility for the overall performance of the Project team
- To lead, motivate and develop the site based team
- To lead the relevant site based project team to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Quality Assurance and Engineering standards
- To ensure works are carried out to high standard complying with relevant British Standards and codes of practice
- To manage the provision of technical support to the contract
- To obtain and support the training for the site team
- Manage tech sub process during pre-construction in accordance with IRS / DRS and project engineers
- Drive the design team to achieve a compliant design for each project in line with deliverables schedule from client
- Maintain a close working relationship with commercial, engineering, estimating / work winning and Support teams, ensuring cohesion when entering into a new Project
- Assist in final contract negotiations prior to contract award (including such matters as commercial and engineering matters
- Provide engineering support (Mechanical or Electrical) as necessary to the business should workload demand in other areas or other new works
- To take responsibility for the overall performance of your team
- Ensure projects are completed snag and defect free
Qualifications & Experience,
- Qualified to at least HNC level in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering or recognised equivalent
- Leadership experience combined with good Mechanical and Electrical technical knowledge
- A proven track record of delivery within the M&E installation sector
- Proven ability to deliver projects upwards of £5m M&E value
- Experience managing large site based team.
- Asta / Microsoft Project knowledge
- Proven accounts and financial management track record
In return, we are offering a competitive annual salary, company car / allowance, 25 days annual leave, pension, medical, etc there on. All whilst joining a progressive business offering further development and progression.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.