Mechanical Site Manager sought, Exeter City Centre. Girling Jones are seeking a Mechanical (HVAC) Site Manager / Site Foreman to oversee a prestigious Leisure & Hotel development in the City Centre. You will be joining a progressive Building Services Engineering contractor delivering a 104 bed development with associated Leisure facilities.
You will be reporting into the Mechanical Project Manager although we require a hands on Mechanical Manager who will oversee everything site related from toolbox talks through to programming, overseeing labour and daily tasks etc.
Day to Day,
- 1st point of call for all site based labour
- Ensure programme delivery is as should be
- To receive and review drawings and specifications and ensure adherence to these
- To resolve discrepancies with the client (Very much a client’s point of call and as such effective communication skills are a must!)
- To ensure each contract is maximised on returns
- To maintain good working relationships with clients and main contractors
- To record variations to contract and provide information to PMs
- To assist interims and final account payments
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Mechanical / plumbing related core qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ)
- Black CSCS / ECS Management related site access cards
- SMSTS / SSSTS qualification
- Demonstrated history of Mechanical Site Management experience within a large commercial project
- Demonstrated competence in the use of standard commercial communications and word/date processing equipment and applications
- Experience of managing projects from GBP500K to GBP3M in value
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, contractors and statutory bodies
- Accuracy and precision in preparation of documents
In return we are offering a minimum of 12 months’ work on contract commencing with immediate effect. You will be a member of the Senior Management team and as much be an integral part of the delivery of this impressive building.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.