Girling Jones is recruiting a Mobile Handyperson with a plumbing bias to join the Student Roost team, covering sites based in the Liverpool area.
- Ensuring maintenance of a safe working environment
* Changing lamps and ensuring other fixtures and fittings are in good working order
* Minor plumbing and carpentry
* Clearing or cleaning general areas
* Painting and decorating
* Changing filters on air conditioning systems and air handling units
* Emergency lighting monthly function tests
* Water hygiene temperature checks
* Monthly checks of plant equipment to confirm correct operation
* Weekly fire alarm and sprinkler testing
* Minor building works making good surfaces, painting
* Assisting M&E engineers with planned maintenance- Identifing spare parts to carry out repairs and order through appropriate channels
* Ensuring all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
* Carrying out the preparation of Risk Assessments and producing Method Statements for works within the site.
* Liaison and supervision of subcontractors in relation to method statement risk assessment and safe execution of works.
* Monitor and order stock for related items.
* Assist in the provision of the associated services within the project facilities. Including but not limited to general plumbing work, statutory inspection and testing of other mechanical and electrical services, managing of minor works projects.
* Pricing up minor work jobs.
* Obtaining quotations for materials
* Ensure compliance of health and safety responsibilities within the project facilities.
* Provide general support duties.
* Ensure the on going operation of heating plant, fire alarm systems and lighting systems.
* Carry out and supply meter readings for utility consumption.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience as a technician working in a busy FM service environment
* Have a good understanding of M&E systems and facilities management
* Be a Skilled person, ideally with carpentry or plumbing qualifications
* Hold good people skills and the ability to deal directly with clients / customers
* Experience of maintenance on a variety of equipment including, plumbing, drainage, decorating, minor building works
* Ability to read, understand and diagnose faults utilising as-installed drawings, as installed schedules, contract specifications and equipment.
* Full driving licence.
* Basic electrical experience would be advantageous.
* Good communication and organisational skills.
* Ability to use initiative in day to day duties.
What’s in it for you?
- A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation.
- Salary- £36,000
- Our benefits package includes a company van, travel expenses, bonus scheme, contributory pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), gym subsidy, BAM social club membership and much more.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.