Girling Jones have exciting Role and are looking for a self-motivated and innovative individual to join our fast-paced team as a Multi Skilled Electrician. With ambitious growth plans and an established Company in wholesale/retail, there has never been a more exciting time to work for this evergrowing business. The role would involve travel across Devon, Cornwall, Avon, Somerset & Dorset with the head office being in Saltash
The Role of a Multi Skilled Electrician.
- Your role will be to deliver a combination of electrical, mechanical, water and building fabric planned (PPM), reactive, quoted, and extra works specialising in electrical disciplines.
- You will be assisting in ensuring Appleby Westward Group deliver a safe, customer focused, cost effective, efficient, and compliant service in order to meet legal obligations.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Undertake all allocated tasks and perform them in a timely and professional manner.
- Undertake training and appointment as an AP/CP in appropriate disciplines.
- Be proactive to identify and report faults with building services equipment and take steps to resolve.
- Be proactive to ensure all H&S issues are reported/escalated/completed as required.
- Remain flexible with regards to site attendance and tasks undertaken within personal competency.
- Be fully aware of relevant Health and Safety and general legislative matters.
- Planned and Reactive maintenance activities under your control are completed within contract timescales.
- Ensure that service delivery meets the requirements of the service level agreements (SLAs) and work schedules at all times. Work should be completed on a timely basis and to a consistently high standard.
- Adequately read and interpret drawings and instruction manuals.
- Safely and competently use tools and equipment associated with the electrical trade and general maintenance activities.
- Safely erect, work off and dismantle various types of scaffolding, ladders and platforms normally used for the purpose of carrying out works etc. For example, mobile tower scaffolding.
- To monitor and record material and tool stock levels ensuring adequate stock is available advising of any shortfall.
The successful candidate will have experience in actively conducting duties of a Multi Skilled Electrician role, and hold the following qualifications:
- C&G 2382-12 (17th Edition BS7671:2008) with C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing
- IOSH passport and CSCS card
- 5 years’ experience in electrical building services and General PPM and Reactive trade duties with a good all-round working knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Previous appointment as AP/CP for one or more of the following disciplines, LV, Confined Spaces, Working at Heights (preferred)
- Experience of Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM)(Preferred)
- The role covers Devon, Cornwall, Avon, Somerset, Dorset, and Hampshire.
- Regular Business Travel will be required to achieve the role in full and therefore you must hold a full driving licence.
Benefits for you!
- Salary £33,000- £37,000
- Company Vehicle
- Annual leave
- Pension Scheme
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.