Fantastic new opportunity to work in the capacity of a Pre-Construction Engineer with a regional contractor on a mixture of secure and stable framework contracts in the South West. This contractor delivers a range of interesting minor works schemes in Devon & Cornwall with project values ranging from £1K to £1.2M and typical values between £30K to £150K. You may be an engineer with setting out & surveying experience looking to take the next step in your career.
Technical disciplines will include;
- Connection of new housing estate sewer systems to the main network, rising mains, pump stations, directional drilling, gravity.
- Flood defence and control, inland or coastal.
- 33Kv switchgear buildings which are RC base tanks with either portal frame steel clad top or traditional brick/block and tiled rood depending on location.
The role will involve undertaking Pre-Construction activities including;
- Preparing and submitting quotations for civil engineering works up to £100,000 (within 6 months).
- Programming of civil engineering projects.
- Preparing Bills of Quantities from take-offs.
- Production of / assisting with quality & technical documents for tender submissions.
- Supporting the Pre-construction Department with quality documents for tender submission.
- Site visits to assist in producing a scope of works and programme sequencing, knowledge & experience of setting out essential.
- Preparing licence/permit applications.
As Pre-Construction Engineer your background will contain some site experience, the world is your oyster with the development opportunities available within this contractor. HNC or equivalent qualification and an understanding of NEC and programming also needed. In return you will be working for one of the South West’s best examples of contracting in one of the busiest sectors we’ve ever witnessed.
Annual salary in the range of £35K to £45K p/a plus package dependant upon experience. Please contact me for more details on 01392 493347 or click to apply.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.