An opportunity has arisen for a Project Agent to be based in Mid Cornwall with responsibility for multiple sites across the region.
As Project Agent you will responsible for the overall Site Management of a number of projects running simultaneously within the major projects division. Civil engineering schemes will predominantly range in value from £1 to £3M and are largely focused on Capital Infrastructure works for our main client including large pipe laying schemes and pump station construction. This Project Agent position will involve working closely with the Client, Designers, Commercial team, Engineers, and Key Stakeholders across the framework.
Within this contractor the Project Agent role involves undertaking key activities and responsibilities as follows;
- Visiting sites and reviewing progress against design and programme
- Providing advice on scope/design requirements to reach a practical solution
- Managing the project program and measuring against milestones whilst reporting back to Commercial
- Oversee works on-site from an engineering, supervisory, and safety viewpoint both in terms of self delivery and the management of sub-contractors
This contractor has grown 22% year on year over the past two years, this growth continues to present new opportunities within the business. A number of promotions and career development opportunities have presented themselves as a result and will continue to do so. A fantastic opportunity to join a privately owned contractor with excellent continuity of schemes. This business continues to review and improve its benefits and rewards package.
As Project Agent you will require a number of qualifications and experience;
- Prior experience in delivering engineering projects within the utilities sector, ideally within water and wastewater sectors.
- SMSTS, Street works, and CSCS
- HNC/HND or equivalent experience in a relevant civil engineering qualification or environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
Working as a Project Agent in this position you can expect a very competitive salary in the region of £40,000 to £45,000K + Car Allowance/Company vehicle + fuel card, health cash plan, equipment and ongoing comprehensive training. This contractor holds its people within the business as key, as such you can expect a close, supportive working environment with continued career progression.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.