Project Director sought, Lakenheath. Girling Jones require a M&E (building services engineering) Project Director to deliver a multi million pound project within a military facility in Lakenheath, Suffolk. We require a Project Director to oversee a large M&E scheme worth circa £50M spread over a variety of packages to include Hangers, Accommodation facilities, Stores etc throughout the site. The business are a national, independent leader within the services sector working within some of the UKs most prestigious, high profile schemes.
Due to the location of the project, the successful candidate will need to be able to achieve security clearance.
- Drive Health and Safety leadership throughout the project to establish a safety culture and ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive in people and processes.
- Participate in bid activities in conjunction with the work winning team and processes; to ensure a professional, profitable, successful bid which provides agreed levels of turnover and meets customer expectations.
- Lead pre-commencement activities in conjunction with the Pre-construction Manager, to maximise opportunities, efficiency and profitability in the delivery phase of the project. Ensure that the team carry out an effective review of the project scope of works including installation methods, to ensure the precise provision of the customer’s requirements, ensuring that customer objectives are identified, understood and cascaded throughout the project delivery team.
- Identify and manage project risks and opportunities, ensuring that these are commercially mitigated or enhanced to provide a clear and up to date risk position. Communicating this risk position to internal and external stakeholders effectively.
- Lead the team to effectively manage the appointed specialist sub-contractors and ensure the work is being carried out safely, to the specification and programme. Develop effective, sustainable relationships with key sub-contractor organisations.
- Provide engaging and authentic leadership in all aspects of your role; deliver business strategy by gaining involvement in company initiatives and communications. Provide clear direction and leadership for the project delivery team; through provision of objectives, responsibilities and accountabilities, managing performance accordingly. Offer guidance and feedback to maximise the performance of the team.
- Lead Contract reviews, to deliver high quality, succinct and relevant management information which provides clarity and assurance to internal and external stakeholders. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of costs, values and programme forecasts, implementing actions which mitigate risk and maximise profitability.
- In conjunction with the Commercial Director prepare and update business plans and local management accounts.
- Build a respected and valued reputation that develops positive long-term relationships with esteemed customers by understanding their strategic and project requirements. Create a culture within the project team to ensure that our solutions and methodologies support these requirements and that exceptional customer satisfaction is evidenced throughout the project.
- Maintain clear direction and leadership to drive the safe and successful completion of the project within agreed timescales, agreed budgets and to meet specification and customer requirements; ensuring that the project is closed out in accordance with the requirements of PLAT. Ensure that project defects are closed out in a timely manner to maintain client relationships and project profitability.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Substantial experience in the safe and effective delivery of major MEP projects.
- Proven operational delivery of high value, large M&E schemes
- An industry recognised trade or professional qualification within building services engineer, either mechanical or electrically bias
- We are offering the opportunity to join a progressive business with ample further development opportunities, a competitive wage, (up to £120,000 per annum DOE), Car / Allowance, 25 days AL, Pension (up to 8% employer contribution), Private healthcare, Personal development programme whilst having part of succession plan for development into regional operational role.
Interested? Click APPLY or contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for a confidential discussion
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.