Girling Jones are working with an established family business based in Somerset who have been designing, constructing and maintaining sewage and surface water systems for over 30 years. They’re inviting applications from prospective wastewater engineers who have a background in civil engineering, wastewater engineering, drainage or construction and who live around the Somerset area. As an experienced engineer, the primary function of the role will be to manage wastewater engineering projects from start to finish. This means devising solutions for the processing of domestic sewage and surface water management for domestic and commercial applications through to construction. The role requires that the candidate be both field engineer and design engineer with good problem-solving and numerical capabilities with a high level of literacy.
– Surveying of domestic and commercial properties including use of laser level and basic surveying techniques;
– Documentation of project requirements, design proposals, project plans and reporting writing;
– Specification of appropriate OEM equipment and design solutions;
– Creation of bill of materials and quantities to inform construction costings and proposals;
– Liaison with regulators including Environment Agency, Building Control and Water Authorities;
– Preparation of tenders and contract documents;
– Coordinate preliminary works including site investigations;
– Oversee construction works;
– Client relationship management.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.