MEP Construction Manager / Project Manager sought, Somerset. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced MEP Construction Manager / Project Manager to join us on the MEH Alliance in the capacity of Building Lead, working on the Hinkley Point C project. Prior knowledge of working within a joint venture, and ideally prior nuclear or regulated sector knowledge would be highly sought after.
- Provide and demonstrate a positive HSE leadership, building a strong and compliant HS&E culture throughout the whole construction life cycle of the Project.
- Manage all of the day to day aspects of construction and site engineering ensuring that safe systems of work are adhered to.
- Manage the interfaces between the MEH partners and subcontractors to ensure building delivery
- Lead, manage and motivate the building construction team through implementation of best practice.
- Ensure productivity reviews are being carried out and reports are available
- Review of engineering design deliverables, procedures & RAMs.
- Ensure Management of Change for all Site activities are identified, justified and issued promptly via the Change Process.
- Ensure the early implementation of Completions (ORBIT) with direct interfacing with Completions leads.
- Assure Project CDM compliance
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Relevant engineering qualification in subject matter
- Relevant Professional Accreditation (PM, Construction, Engineering)
- Can achieve Security Clearance (BPSS or Higher)
- IOSH Managing safely
- Proven track record in a similar role within nuclear power or other regulated sector.
- Experienced in delivering and operating within major construction projects including experience working within Joint Ventures
- We are able to offer a competitive salary with generous uplift and allowances for working away from home where required (£70,000 + with a generous 13% uplift if working away from home)
- Company car or allowance
- 9 day fortnight working pattern
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Personal development programme
- Flexible Benefits
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.