*Construction Management Position*
Generally speaking, when you move from one business to another, it is down to the opportunity that a move will create, and I can say with great confidence, that this position is certainly one you wouldn’t want to not hear about
About the Company
Supported with an estimated £600m of gross investment by 2023, we are working in partnership with a construction business in Cornwall who are looking for a Project Manager to join the management team
Working across residential, commercial and mixed use developments, its primary purpose is to generate a future revenue stream for its owners, but also has a number of other key priorities such as having a positive impact on the design quality and sustainability of the built environment in Cornwall and also changing the residential letting market in Cornwall by offering a Private Rental product at scale, alongside building for open market sale
The Project Manager position will ultimately be tasked to manage projects from design through to handover and aftercare, ensuring construction of a quality product, safely, within agreed budgets and timescales and excellent Customer satisfaction.
The core element of accountability is for detailed design, procurement and construction with a supporting role in acquisition, planning then sales/lettings and aftercare
Key Accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Lead external project teams and manage all available resources effectively, to drive the efficiency and productivity of the business and maximise value generation
- Lead monthly project team meetings in the pre-construction and construction stages, to drive performance of all projects
- Provide advice and support to the Development and Commercial teams through the acquisition and planning stages
- Ensure high standards of health, safety and well being are operated on all sites
- Proactively engage with the design process to promote safety through good design and planning
What are we looking for?
The Project Manager position is joining the company at a crucial stage of growth and development and as such, it is paramount that the appointment made is considered and ultimately, benefits all parties
The ideal candidate will come from a construction consultancy or main contractor and have been a Project Manager for a number of years
A construction related qualification would be beneficial but more than anything else, you will need to have the technical understanding and knowledge , ideally having worked across both residential and commercial sectors
So, if you are looking to join a company who are passionate abut leaving a legacy, then look no further
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.