Project Manager – Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. Project Manager required managing Additional Works (Projects) within an MoD facility ensuring a high quality output and that all works are delivered on time and within budget. Please note, holding current or having held security clearance will be a distinct advantage when making an application as this role will see you work on a secure MoD site.
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of Additional Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard
- Confer with local DIO representatives, the Local Customer Service Representative and the relevant Site Manager to agree scope & priorities of Additional Works on a regular basis.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to Additional Works are completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and the Legionella management plan.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD’s carbon reduction targets.
Training & Qualifications
- HND level qualification in Building or Electrical/ Mechanical, Building Services Engineering, Construction or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
- Associate Member of a relevant professional body (e.g. APM)
Interested? Click apply and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.