A busy and fast paced contractor who are involved in a range of civils and engineering works in a variety of sectors to include rail (bridges, embankments, stations, platforms, tunnels, OLE/Electrification etc.)
The business unit are involved in many rail and civils projects across the Wales region, whether one off tendered projects or projects within our long term framework / contract agreements with key clients.
These contracts include CP6 infrastructure projects, minor works and Environment Agency frameworks with works typically including bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, station work (platforms, access for all etc.) structures including bridges, tunnels and footbridges.
As Senior Project Manager you will be directly responsible leading the Electrification teams and projects across the Wales region. The client has detailed plans to grow their portfolio of OLE works in the region and require a Senior Project Manager to take overall responsibility for the growth and delivery of existing contracts.
The Senior Project Manager will have overall responsibility for overseeing the planned growth as well developing positive relationships with all parties associated with the contract/region associated with the OLE works, and to ensure that the contracts/projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the agreed quality whilst ensuring that client expectations regarding quality, programme, and budget are wherever possible exceeded.
The Senior Project Manager has single point responsibility and accountability for successful execution of a project in terms of quality of work, maintenance of schedule, budget and profit margins, and Client satisfaction from commencement to close-out. Duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
* Monitor expenditure and such items as work carried out against an estimate originally prepared in order to ensure the work is within the contract or may form a separate claim constantly liaising with the Commercial Department & Regional Director on such subjects.
* The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to Management Team and Client.
* The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that change orders are current and adequate. Prepare early warning and change instruction documentation.
* Check the documents in use are current, readily available to those requiring them and stored securely.
* Assess the standard of all proposed installation work associated within the project, undertaking inspections and preparing full reports, where required and submitting these to the Senior Contracts Manager or including the contents within an appropriate programme of works.
* Liaise with stakeholders, commercial & planning teams.
For more information please contact Jon Graham at Girling Jones on 01633 415330.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.