Girling Jones are currently working with an experienced residential developer, building high quality homes and mixed use developments, and we are looking to speak with experienced Quality Managers to join their team.
Delivering in excess of 300 homes a year they have an incredibly strong land bank and as such, need to bolster their existing team
The role of Quality Manager is to support the teams delivering projects, monitor and implement key standard forms, practices and procedures, detail issues that are common and raise issues on site, check and qualify items of risk and quality on site. The position will also control and set the benchmark for quality through each phase of construction, through to a standard being set for the handover of a property and will aid in reducing defects and after care issues.
- Fully support our delivery teams to aim for a zero defect, snag free handover and customer satisfaction
- Help to implement the quality procedures into the build stages
- Monitor all quality related activities on the projects and feedback any non-conformities and areas for improvement to the project team.
- Attend pre-start meetings and support the coordination of all project requirements with the project/contracts manager.
- Check and monitor all non-conformance reports are distributed, registered and closed out.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality system
- Set quality inspection timetables with the project team
- Publish monthly reports for review at regional meetings and project review meetings
- Review subcontract inspection and test plans and educate the site team on the implications
- Undertake site inspection of the works during construction and advise site team on any quality or design detailing issues etc. Raise immediately with Project Manager and complete relevant site observation or NCR reports
The ideal candidate will have:
- Trade background or construction related higher education qualification
- Minimum 5 years site based experience as Site Manager or similar role
- Conversant with Building Regulations, NHBC/Premier regulations
- Fully IT Literate
For more information, please click on the “Apply Now” button
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.