Quantity Surveyor sought, Lakenheath. Girling Jones have an exciting new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor and Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a national leader within the building services contracting sector based in Lakenheath, northern Suffolk. In this role you will implement best commercial practices to maintain and maximise the profitability and financial performance of this project.
Please note also that due to the nature of work on this project, security clearance is a requirement, therefore we can only consider British nationals.
Day to day,
- Ensure that our safety first and foremost message is visible and alive through all activities on the project
- Where relevant, manage and coach any Quantity Surveyors or Assistant Quantity Surveyors
- Review and interpret contract terms and conditions, identifying and mitigating risks and enhancing opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the contract, liaise with the project teams on project status
- Identify, qualify and management the agreement process of any changes of contractual obligations
- Take responsibility for the cash flow forecasting, submission and receipt of payments
- Monitor and forecast costs and revenue through project lifecycle
- Assist with procurement and management of sub contractors
- Provide accurate reporting of costs, projections, contingency, liabilities, sales and margins
- Develop and maintain positive long term relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Working alongside the project team and Commercial manager, negotiate the settlement of the final account and facilitate sign off
- Ensure all necessary records and reports are generated and maintained
- Assist in any dispute resolution process.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Experience of responsibility for the commercial aspects of medium to large building services / mechanical and electrical projects
- Relevant BSC / degree or equivalent in commercial management / quantity surveying, or willingness to work towards
- Experience of working in a construction environment – either with an MEP or main building contractor
- Security clearance (to be arranged by us once offer is made)
In return, we are offering a competitive package (circa £55,000 for a QS, and up to £78,000 for a Senior QS) with a Car / Car allowance, 25 days annual leave, pension (up to 8%), medical and various further there on. All whilst joining a progressive company with ample opportunities for onward personal and professional development.
This location offers a living away package for candidates wishing to work away from home (uplift on basic salary, travel and accommodation costs covered)
Interested? Click APPLY for further information and contact Vic Bekker at Girling Jones for a confidential discussion.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.