Quantity Surveyor sought, Reading. Girling Jones require and Mechanical and Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join their Reading business Unit. A national MEP leader within the building services sector with over 100 years history delivering various high value, highly technical schemes globally.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our clients team based in Reading. In this role you will provide commercial support to the business, maintaining and maximising the profitability of small to medium projects through timely requests for payment, minimising sub contract costs, agreement of variations and accurate reporting.
Day to day,
- Ensure the use of, and compliance to, legal and company policies and processes in line with contractual obligations
- Understand project contract terms, manage risks and opportunities, ensuring they are commercially mitigated or enhanced. Identify any changes in line with contractual obligations
- Maintain all records in order to maximise contractual entitlements
- Communicate with the operational teams on risk and contract terms and conditions, and have a continual understanding of project status
- Prepare, submit applications, and secure recovery of payment, with substantiation of compensation or variations
- With support, manage sub contract accounts through to final account settlement
- Monitor and control progress with the operational team, providing accurate internal reporting
- Ensure availability of all project reports, applications, certificates, payments, timeliness and quality of delivery, and tender allowances.
- With support, negotiate to settle the project account with the client
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within MEP/Building Services environment
- Relevant BSC / degree or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying, or willingness to work towards
In return, we are offering a competitive package to include car / allowance, 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution, Private healthcare and multiple further varied benefits.
Interested? Click APPLY for further details and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.